Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hola!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay. It is amazing how one stressed uni student (sister) can so persistently hog the net. And slow the connection down (freaking broadband should NOT EVER EVER be capped. Arg.) So that put the blog in the back seat.

First things first, I got my spindle! Word of advice? If you are thinking about going through the spindlemaker to get your spindle, I totally recommend him. ENABLER alert!

Apologies for the blurry shot, needless to say, its hard trying to take a pic of your spindle and take a photograph at the same time.

25-10-07 009

Naturally, having gone nuts using the ebay mysterious fiber, I've moved on the Corriedale (comes with free sheep smell, yum)

Look anyone who has ever wanted to shout 'look, mum!' here is my second ever handspun, see I'm getting consistent and skinnier! (this stuff is destined for the dye pot and one custom cup warmer to go thanks)

Also I went to the craft and quilt show, (is it nearly a fortnight since I last blogged? yeesh!) and not only did I manage to stay within budget (a scary enough thought in its own right) but left with a veritable armload of fat quarters and an invitation to join the bookbinders guild (I'm going to the next meeting, those people talked the talk and I really want to create my own books!)

Here is a good sample of what I bought, including Japanese fabrics! I can see why these are so sought after, so pretty! Need to think of something really nice to make from these...

25-10-07 019 - Japanese

25-10-07 020 - Teapots! Adding to my growing collection of teapot themed fabric...

25-10-07 017 25-10-07 015
25-10-07 01825-10-07 021


This seems to nicely represent a good cross section of my new fabric! Decisions are yet to be made as to what exotic things shall be made out of them..

Okay everyone, I'm knackered, after working a full day with possibly the most useless human being on the face of the planet, I'm ready to go to bed.

adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great selection of fabrics there!