Monday, June 23, 2008

Incoming holidays!

Hey all! School holidays (and Bendigo!) are fast approaching and my sewing mojo just exploded last night. The list making part of my brain has officially gone haywire. Here are some of the things on my mind.

Holiday activities.
1. Organise room. Throw stuff out/Sell stuff (Have been getting itchy feet, I want/need to move out of home, must decrease amount of stuff to move.)
2. Buy Linen. New stuff in previously mum approved colours (I'm told that getting bright red or blue sheets will clash with my previously pale blue/dark pink sheets. Brown is in)
3. Feed the sewing mojo. I have a dress pattern that I've wanted to sew forever, a couple of skirt patterns that'd look great in heavy fabrics, and a nearby spotlight. *sigh*
4. Feed the embroidery mojo while it's perked up. Visit lovely lady from spinners guild who does incredible embroidery. Enjoy what can only be described as the best Indian food I have ever tasted. Which is great because it is the real deal.
5. Take said lovely spinners guild person to op-shops. Enjoy coffee, culture and traffic lights. Remember that despite the goodies on offer I don't actually need more knitting needles/cheap but vintage yarn/quirky vintage craft book.

Bendy plans.
1. Ask mum nicely for awesome qantas travel bag. :D
2. Search opshops/cheap places for bits and pieces.
3. Find warm things that don't take up space,
4. Tell new leather boots nice things to make them last forever.
5. Contemplate knitting project for bag.
6. Contemplate book for plane because I'm still too paranoid to take knitting needles in the regular part of the plane. Consider taking fibre to create the necessary fibre lust. Reject.
7. Repeat above until levels of insanity drive the cat nuts. :D

Okay, I'm hopped up on too much coffee and I need bed. Tooroo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again a lot of contemplating, not much doing. :)

But ooooh it does sound like so much fun.