Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Quickie post for the week

Okay I am seriously flat out this week, what with deadlines attacking me mercilessly. So I will leave you with a pic from the weekend, where bleak weather got me all domestic goddessy (seriously! I cooked, cleaned, sewed and washed, normally I'm lucky to do 2 in a whole weekend!)

Lets call this cake the 'ski slope' cake. For obvious reasons.

8-03-07 009

adios!

*update* I was doing some research when I cam across this, I am so incensed! Purely from a Library perspective, who the hell do these people think they are? What gives them the supreme right to tell me what I can and cannot read? The worst part about the whole thing is that I can say with certainty that these morons haven't even read the Harry Potter series, so how can they even know whether or not this series (which I enjoyed) are trying to convert lots of kiddies to practice witchcraft? Every time I read that last update, I really want to get violent, but by logic that would put me on the same low, low level that these people are on. GAH!!!!

Another link that got me furious, from the same group http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1002/bookburning.html - they take pride in burning Aristotle, Plato and Socrates? Weren't these guys renowned philosophers of their time? Correct me if I'm wrong, but did this same group, one time or another in history, believe that the world was flat? Enough said.

Disclaimer
: I just want to verify my position on something. I am not Anti-Christian. I am just anti-people who think they are better than the average being and impose their flawed belief system on everyone else. I can accept that as an athiest, I will be going a comfy centrally heated room with lots of other ill-fated souls, with some nasty dude with a superiority complex and a pitchfork. I can't accept that the same people whose simple idea of religion is flawed tell me what I can and can't read. Or do. Or anything.

On another note, I think I'll believe in Aliens. Because they have cool crop circles and thing called 'sensual meditation'. The motto "to tolerate differences is not enough, one should love differences"sounds like my kind of motto too. No hell here. Just sensual meditation and Aliens. Nice.

No comments: