Sunday, June 3, 2007

ah yes! crafty post!

I apologize to everyone who actually endured the previous post. So without further adieu, I present: pictures!

introducing the coolest shirt I have ever owned. Mine! ALL MINE! (pardon the boob shot, it is rather hard to take an action shot in the mirror, even while wearing glasses)

best shirt ever!!!

As you can see, I have a tendency to see the library side of things as an integral part of my personality, especially given that the library thing nicely mixes three things I like : people, computers (most of the time) and books. Thanks Dave, you really truly rule for getting me this shirt. I mean that in a superhero way too. :p

Next photo, show my attempt to dissect a triangle. I wanted to find the exact centre for a pincushion, silly thrifty me forgot to put said triangle in the MIDDLE of the fabric. My bad. At least my attempt at maths realised that I actually enjoy said maths. Loved it in high school, because with all the hormones flying around, maths had an infallible logic that worked every time. Whats not to love?

my attempt at disecting a triangle

Coincidentally, I decided to go with a square pincushion. Much easier to dissect, plus more space for my *ahem* artistic wanderings. You'll see what I mean when I finish the cloud stitch and therefore have the nerve to post a pic. Will definitely love this pincushion when done. Hope the recipient will to....

latest progress shot on cardi - real colour

This is the latest shot on the up and coming cardigan. Actually given that I'm using 3.75mm needles for this baby, I'm going quite fast, using my trusty maths I figured that 4 = one centimetre, so 12 centimetres is 48 rows. Thirty six centimetres is what is required before the arm decreases (on 1x1 rib? I'll cross that bridge when I get there). Remembering that 3x12 = 36 48x 3 = 144 rows. Maths, love it, use it, works every time. Having said that, I dread to think how many stitches I have actually knit, and lets not go there with the mistakes!

Anyway I do need to sleep, so adios!

No comments: