Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fun stuff

Hey everyone, hope you had a good weekend! Anyway I apologise for the absence of pics lately. I think I have lost some knitting mojo, which will come back with the kitchen, recipe and accessories swap (hosted by yours truly) . My hexagon blanket however is growing nicely.
I made some mandarin jam. A fellow co-worker offered a stack of fresh tiny mandarins, thanks to the fact that he has more than he needs. I like mandarins, but not a big fan of peeling tiny ones. So I made jam.
Mandarin Jam!

I think (in retrospect) that it needed a few minutes longer cooking. It's sticky, but not as clumpy together. But tastes mega yummy.I used this recipe, except I quartered the fruit then peeled them, and used the lot in one hit. Makes 2.5 smaller bottles. uh... Anyone want a bottle?

garterlac
Also tried the infamous garterlac. I need to frog a section, but so far, so good. Wish me luck!

Also signed up at my second home, the opshop for Saturday shifts. They need someone from 9-1 on saturday, and me, figuring I'd be getting my hands on the best stuff, earlier, signed on. Starting in a couple of weeks, I can't wait!

adios!

No comments: