Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today's the day...

So today is the day of my Grandmother's funeral. Wearing black is one thing, seeing someone who you have known for the entirety of your natural life being interred in the ground is enough to get red-rimmed eyes for the remainder of the day.

On the bright side, I finally got to my sister's place last night (dare I venture to say that public transport, ESPECIALLY in surfers, both sucks and blows? I do.) And I was woken to a lovely cup of hot chocolate (my sis makes the BEST hot chocolate.) and we promptly went to the pool for some exercise. I found out rather quickly that I am a lot less fit than I ever used to be. Sure I did about 7 or 8 laps, but I also had the misdirection to hit a wall with my head (ouch) and bump into several people (Sorry!!). I fortunately stuck to the 'keep head above water so that I may puff and pant as much as I need' strokes, worked the legs, and I am exhausted!

So thats my day in two segments. Funeral, and bumping (some might call it harassment) people in the uni pool. Couldn't think of a better way to spend time away from school. lol

adios.

No comments: