Friday, January 12, 2007

Another FO!

I seem to be pumping them out lately! Maybe it's the knowledge that once school starts up again, things will be progressing a LOT more slowly!

Anyway remember about a week or two ago I showed you a sneak peak of my entry of the new craftster knitting challenge?

Sneak peak!

well I finished it!

shawl/scarf

My failed attempt at self timer, but it looks artistic!!!

Okay I realised about five minutes ago that this is indeed a librarylass original design, I made it up as I went along. But here goes!

You will need:
15mm needles (not sure what that is in US size)
1 ball of cleckheaton studio (whatever you like, but something light!)

Cast on 24 stitches.
Row 1: *YO k2tog*
Row 2: *YO k2tog*

Do this for about 20 rows or to length desired, this will be at either end of the shawl/scarf (scrawl??). Start garter stitch lace sequence.
Row1 - 6: *Knit
Row 7+9 : *YO, k2tog*
Row 8 + 10: *YO p2tog*

Continue until you are 3/4 towards your desired length. Start original lace sequence till desired length is reached.

If you are anything like me, you'll have trouble getting the hang of the 15mm needles, but then the plus side is you'll still have yarn left over.

I'm not sure how people normally post patterns, but well.... enjoy!

shawl/scarf

Bit of a long post, but then I guess there is a free pattern in there (note: don't use this pattern to make money yada yada yada)

adios!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ooooh, that's very pretty. And it looks light enough that you could wear it as a scarf too (if you wanted too!). Good luck with the craftster challenge.

librarylass said...

Its really light and lovely and the mohair gives it that je ne sais quois! Thanks Lindsay!!

the solitary thread said...

This is so beautiful! And I like your self timer pic too. That's so awesome that you are a library tech, I'm a library assistant at a university, I want to do some further study to become either a tech or a librarian in the future but I haven't decided which yet =P

I love the Bite Me UFO too! xox

Sharmane said...

It is NOT a failed attempt at a self timer, it has very interesting composition. You used the rule of thirds very well. Not only is the shawl a work of art, your photo is too.